JazzBlog

Monday, January 02, 2006

Letter to the JazzBloggers

Dear JazzBloggers,

Thank you for supporting the JazzBlog, and thank you even more for taking an interest in Jazz. There is so much to put up here, I think I have a lifetime work of work set out for me! As long as people are still reading, and are still interested, I will do what I can to do these wonderful musicians and their work justice.

I have added new links to two online Jazz radio stations, as well as several artists. Etherbeat is an "interesting" selection of music they call "The Urban Alternative". Much more traditional jazz can be found on radioioJazz, which in my opinion is and excellent station. In fact, I'm listening to it right now. Links will be added constantly, as it is impossible to come up with all of the names and sites I think people would like to see. If you notice someone is missing, please speak up and I will add them.

Anonymous posts are welcome. Asshats will be deleted. Complaints will not be misconstrued as asshattery. Complaints are welcome as, after all, there is no way I can improve without knowing what you would like to see done differently.

E.L. Wisty has asked about the new Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane CD (at Carnegie Hall), and unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to it yet. I'm waiting for a copy to come in at my Andrew's store, and then hopefully I, or possibly Andrew if I can get him interested, will write a review on the CD. Perhaps Andy has been able to listen, and he could write a review. Whoever ends up writing the review, E.L.'s question will be answered.

Requests are always welcome, and I will get to them as soon as I can. If you have a request, some feedback on something you would like to see, a question, comment, or experience you would like to share, please feel free to post.

I welcome contributors of any kind. Thank you Andy for already taking an interest in being a contributor. If anyone else is interested, please post a comment, or send me an email, with an email address that I can send you a team invitation to.

Happy New Year, everyone, welcome to 2006!

Best Wishes to you all,
Jack

9 Comments:

  • Yo, I think I deleted your post before the asshat saw it, so he probably won't bother you. If he does, though, get in touch with ginab. She has the secret formula for blocking him.

    I love that word, asshat. Where did you get that?

    By Blogger ing, at Mon Jan 02, 04:49:00 AM MST  

  • Thank YOU for getting the blog running and spending time on it!

    By Blogger E.L. Wisty, at Mon Jan 02, 04:13:00 PM MST  

  • ing
    Thanks. I don't mind if they come after me, I'll read them and delete them. I was raised by two highly critical human beings, it really takes a lot to get to me. :)

    E.L.
    No problem, it's a nice break from pushing and pulling vertices on 3D models!

    By Blogger Rose, at Mon Jan 02, 04:57:00 PM MST  

  • Hey Jack,

    Excellent blog. It's late now. I'll be back for sure.

    Yea, just were did you get that word? Smile.

    Peace, love and light.

    By Blogger Kid Ric, at Mon Jan 02, 11:45:00 PM MST  

  • Re "asshats":

    Someone said it in the computer science lab when I first started at university. I laughed so hard when I heard it. Ever since then, I've adopted it. I even contributed my own version of the word... "asshattery". (This happens a lot on the internet, I find. :) )

    Jack

    By Blogger Rose, at Tue Jan 03, 03:19:00 PM MST  

  • How 'bout this:

    "Asshatification."

    By Blogger ing, at Tue Jan 03, 06:49:00 PM MST  

  • I have not heard the new Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane CD.

    I've been reading the blog but not posting, sorry Jack.

    I'll get on the stick and post some reviews.

    By Blogger AndyW, at Wed Jan 04, 10:02:00 AM MST  

  • Aw, your jazzblog is great, Jack. I
    agree with EL, Thank you for putting it up!
    Note* I kept having trouble trying to
    download Ella.Maybe it was the times
    I tried, maybe they were peak hours for activity. Dunno.
    And I love your photo, you're so cute! :D

    By Blogger Nabonidus, at Fri Jan 06, 11:18:00 AM MST  

  • Keep up the good work!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Jan 07, 05:15:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home